Sigman-Mills Furniture is hiring for a part-time furniture sales/design associate. You would be responsible for providing outstanding customer service, meeting monthly sales goal, selling protection plan (ServeCo) while demonstrating superior furniture product knowledge to customers. To create a shopping experience that will make the customer feel welcome and comfortable. The associate is also responsible for customer follow-up and performing other duties as necessary.
- Be proficient in POS systems, Mac/Windows
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the customer is always the priority
- Demonstrate knowledge of store products and services to build sales and minimize returns
- Suggest additional items to compliment customer furniture selection which includes both product and services such as ServeCo
- Responsible for achieving personal sales goals
- Maintain contact with customers thru pre- and post-delivery contacts to ensure a positive shopping and delivery experience
- Be knowledgeable of and perform sales support functions related to POS procedures
- Develop product knowledge by reading current vendor tags and pamphlets, attending training classes in order to communicate it to the customer
- Be aware of current promotional events and sales
- Perform these functions in an efficient manner, as directed by the sales manager
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willing to proactively reach out to potential customers.
- Ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calculator.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team in a competitive commission environment.
- Organization and excellent follow up skills required.
- This position involves constant moving, talking, hearing, reaching, and standing.
- Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours.
- Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
- Possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Must enjoy meeting and interacting with customers.
- Possess a thirst for learning.
- Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
- Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs.
We would love to have you join our team! If you are interested, please apply in-store or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org